01 June 2024

Trame Sonore - The Mantova Music Experience in Mantua (3,834 km)

(2024-05/06-29/01) From the urban jungle of Genoa, the route is picturesque and winding over the Apennines to Mantua. Here, everything is under the banner of “Trame Sonore”, the International Chamber Music Festival; 300 artists, 30 venues, 12 themes. I arrive just in time for the opening concert in the historic Piazza Santa Barbara. Tai Murray from the USA and the Montova Chamber Orchestra are playing Mozart. Verdi's Rigoletto is also set in Mantua. In William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, Romeo is banished from Verona to Mantua. Should we feel sorry for Romeo? I don't think so. After a day trip to Verona, I prefer to stay in Mantua.


However, I am and even younger people are impressed by the spectacular panoramic view of Verona from the Giardino Giusti: Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Terrific, magnificent, amazing, outstanding!

No comments: